Friday, September 5, 2014

Competitive Analysis

"After much reflection on the data and material you have gathered, you develop the direction your solution(s) will take" (Advertising By Design 17).  While doing extensive research on the competition for the Range Rover, I found out to my surprise that the 2014 Lincoln MKX and 2014 Cadiallac SRX are the two main competitors.  These cars hold up approximately the same ranking in the market, because they include luxury with a little practicality.  Knowing that I have competitors with almost the same height of ranking I would know how to angel my pitch and refine my message so that the Range Rover would be in a separate category.  I would do this my highly promoting the Range Rover with whats really important with consumers today.  Family, Friends, happiness, and strong core values.  I believe those characteristics are what counts with people today.  "Advertising and ethics can coexist. Certainly, public service advertising helps society and is the advertising profession's greatest contribution to the general good, one that cannot be denied or overstated. Consumer advertising also can be held to ethical standards" (Advertising By Design 13).  Having an ethical motive of doing things is very imperative in the advertising world.  Sharing something that very has in common is the way to a successful campaign.  "ethics, humanitarianism, preservation, coolness, fun, family values, respectability, excitement, energy, novelty, inventiveness, cutting-edge research, healthful living, an active lifestyle" (Advertising by Design 59).  

No comments:

Post a Comment